Our Wonderful Learners
Following on from our successful LORIC – Skills for Life focus, we have been working on how we can develop skills that will support our children in their school life and beyond. Our school staff has worked with a learning consultant to develop OWL (Our Wonderful Learners). This is a set of strategies that children can draw upon in different learning situations, with prompts and resources to support them in being successful. Keep an eye on Parent App where you will be notified of your child’s OWL achievement stars!
- What do I already know that can help me?
- Is my work the best that I can do?
- Can I justify my answer?
- Can I be resilient when the answer is not obvious?
- How have I contributed to the group’s goal?
- Can I accept other people’s opinions?
- Does my behaviour allow me to succeed?
- Am I organised?
- Can I work towards a group goal?
- Can I give constructive feedback?
- How many ways can I find to answer this?
- What other questions does my answer lead me to?