“We believe that physical education, experienced in a safe and supportive environment, is a unique and vital contributor to a pupil's physical development and well-being. Through the selection of suitably differentiated tasks, it is intended that pupils, irrespective of their starting ability, will enjoy success and be motivated to further develop their individual potential.”
At Throckley Primary School we believe PE & Sport play an important role in making our vision statement a reality for every pupil, with the potential to change young people’s lives for the better. We have welcomed the Government’s announcement to extend the Sport Premium to help primary schools improve the quality of the PE and sport activities they offer their pupils and we are committed to using this resource for developing high-quality PE lessons, alongside greater opportunities for sporting competitions and clubs for all of our young people.
We are also using the Sport Premium to provide CPD for our PE Co-ordinator, teaching and support staff and to employ a teacher with a specialism in PE so that we have the expertise within school to deliver outstanding PE lessons in all phases of the school. Through the Outer West Learning Trust, we are sharing practice and providing competitions for our pupils. This work within the Trust will continue into the future, even if the extra funding from the Sport Premium is no longer available.
What does the Sport Premium mean for Throckley Primary School?
'Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’ (DfE June 2013).
At Throckley Primary School we are using the following key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Raising the profile of PE and Sport across the school
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and Sport
- Ensuring that children experience a range of sports and activities
- Increase opportunities for participation in competitive sport
In order to see how we plan to spend the money in 2019/20, please click on the 2019/20 Sports Premium Statement below.
In order to see the outcomes from the 2018/19 Sports Premium Statement and to see our 2018/19 Year 6 swimming results, please click on the links to the 2018/19 documents below.
In order to see the progress that we have made in PE and Sport since the premium was introduced in 2013/14, please click on the historical Sport Premium Outcomes documents below.
- Sport Premium Impacts, Sustainability and Swimming Results 2019-20.pdf
- Sport Premium Statement 2019-20.pdf
- Sport Premium Impacts, Sustainability and Swimming Results 2018-19
- Sport Premium Statement 2018-19
- Sport Premium Outcomes & Swimming Results 2017-18
- Sport Premium Statement & Swimming Results 2017-18
- Sport Premium Outcomes 2016-17.pdf
- Sport Premium Statement 2016-17.pdf
- Sport Premium Outcomes 2015-16.pdf
- Sport Premium Statement 2015-16.pdf
- Sport Premium Outcomes 2014-15.pdf
- Sport Premium Statement 2014-15.pdf
- Sport Premium Statement 2013-14.pdf