Head Teacher's Welcome
Welcome to Throckley Primary School! I am pleased to announce that our excellent results mean that we have been named as the 'Top Primary School in Newcastle' by the 2020 edition of the Newcastle Chronicle 'Real Schools Guide'. We are also listed 44th nationally in the 2019 'Sunday Times Parent Power School Guide' of the highest-achieving schools in the country. In February 2019, we received a special letter of congratulations from Rt Hon Damian Hinds MP, Secretary of State for Education and Rt Hon Nick Gibb MP, Minister for State School Standards, because our results show that our school is amongst the top 3% of schools in England in terms of the progress made between Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
I am delighted and proud to be Head Teacher at such a fun and vibrant school where pupils, staff, governors, parents and the school community work extremely hard and have high expectations of one another. We are committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning – achieved through a combination of challenge, support, encouragement and praise – to ensure that all students fulfil their potential.
At Throckley Primary you will find a welcoming and purposeful environment, with relationships built on mutual respect. Our supportive pastoral systems help pupils to achieve beyond their expectations and develop a strong sense of responsibility for themselves, their peers and the wider world. Throckley Primary pupils develop skills for lifelong learning. Achievement and a 'can do' attitude are at the heart of our philosophy; we support this through nurturing pupils’ creativity, encouraging independent thinking and learning and showing that mistakes can be a learning opportunity.
We are a forward-thinking school which has experienced rapid improvement. Our school has been designated as a National Support School, with myself as a National Leader of Education and several of our staff as Specialist Leaders of Education. This means that we use our skills and experience to support other schools which are in challenging circumstances. As a member of the Outer West Learning Trust group of schools and through our work as a strategic partner with the Tyne Valley Teaching School Alliance and the Walbottle Teaching School Alliance, we participate in development projects with our local universities. We aim to inspire all of our partners to work with us as an outstanding school in an outstanding learning community.
Thank you for visiting our school website which provides a wealth of information about the school and our offer to pupils.
- On our Homepage you will find news stories, a calendar with important dates and links to our latest newsletters.
- You will find information about the purposeful and empowering curriculum we offer here at Throckley Primary in the ‘Curriculum’ section of the website. We have worked hard to ensure that learning throughout the school is relevant, engaging and connected to prior study; fully developing learners’ knowledge and skills. We believe that experience should be at the heart of the curriculum and are proud that our children are excited by their learning throughout school. Please take some time to review our curriculum intent and key drivers.
- In our 'Information' section you will find tabs that cover our admissions policies and procedures as well as links to our November 2013 Ofsted report and our most recent performance data.
- The 'Search'function at the top of the page allows you to search for specific information using keywords.
- Our 'Galleries' section has photographs of our most recent events and activities from individual classes.