Throckley Primary School requires that children wear school uniform. Our uniform code has been devised by the governors of the school to be a smart, common sense choice which is good value for money for parents on tight budgets.
The uniform code has been designed to give pupils a sense of togetherness and team spirit so that they can feel proud to be part of the school. There are also health and safety requirements that mean our uniform represents a safe set of clothing and footwear for busy active learners whilst ensuring that our pupils are visible and identifiable in the community – this is especially important when we are out on school trips.
At Throckley Primary School the uniform code is:
- Royal Blue Sweatshirt or Cardigan (with or without a badge)
- Green Polo Shirt (with or without a badge)
- Black or Grey Trousers/Skirt/Shorts or Blue gingham print dress
- Socks Grey, Black or White, no bright colours/patterns.
- Girls Tights Grey/Black
- Low-heeled Black Shoes (not trainers, no logos or stripes)
- Stud earrings and watches are allowed, but must be removed for P.E.
- Extreme fully or partially bleached/dyed hair is not acceptable.
- No lines or patterns should be cut into hair or tails left.
- No make-up including nail varnish
- Throckley school book bags for Acorns - Year 4 and Throckley Primary backpacks for Year 5 & Year 6.
Our P.E. Uniform is:
- Green or white T-shirt (with or without badge)
- Black Shorts
- Black Plimsolls or bare feet (no trainers for indoor P.E.)
- Stud earrings and watches removed.
The only permitted jewellery is one pair of stud type earrings although we discourage all earrings because they must be removed for any physical activity. A watch may be worn and is encouraged although these too must be removed for physical activity. No make up or nail varnish is permitted to be worn. Staff will ask children to remove make up or nail varnish using a suitable wipe.
It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to provide and maintain a suitable uniform for your child. It is important that we work in partnership to maintain the highest standards for our children at Throckley Primary School. If a child does not come to school in the correct school uniform, we will provide that child with a suitable item of uniform to change into.
Our school uniform supplier is: Tots to Teams, Unit 10b, Airport Industrial Estate, Kingston Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE3 2EF, Tel: (0191) 271 5454, Email: email@example.com.