Governors at Throckley Primary
27th March 2015
School Governors At Throckley Primary School
The Governing Body of the school is made up of parent, staff, community and trust governors. We are a diverse group of people with a variety of skills. Our job is to ensure that every child at Throckley Primary gets the best education possible. We have three main strategic functions:
- Setting the vision, ethos and strategic direction of the school;
- Holding the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of the staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
In order to carry out this work, governors:
- Work closely with the school team by challenging them to continually raise standards;
- Attend Committee and Full Governing Body Meetings;
- Visit the school;
- Attend governor training.
Recent Governor Activities
- Our governors have visited school to find out about how the school is improving teaching in mathematics and how the school is delivering the new curriculum.
- The Finance Committee has just set the school budget for 2015/16 by looking at the number of teachers needed for our growing school, considering the resources that we need to purchase and planning for upgrades to our ICT equipment across school.
- The Curriculum, Pupil Performance and Community Committee has just monitored pupil progress data across the school, received a report from Mrs Stuart about the quality of teaching (based on lesson observations and discussions with pupils) and will be analysing the results from our recent Parent/Carer Survey.
Our governors play an important part in the running of the school. Their decisions are a matter of public record and copies of the agendas and minutes of meetings can be accessed in the Governor Section of our website or by written request from the school office. Please see our Freedom of Information Policy on the website for further details.